The Hanksville Town Council meeting convened its regular session on the 7th day of July, 2022 in the Hanksville Community Center; meeting commenced at 6:00 p.m.
Present: Mayor Jeffren Pei, C. Mona Wells, and C. Morgan Stephens
Absent: Treasurer Jessica Alvey, C. Tanesha Conder, and C. Eric Wells
Employees: Clerk Lisa Wells
Public in Attendance: NONE
Meeting to Order: Mayor Jeffren Pei
Pledge: Mayor Jeffren T. Pei
Prayer: Clerk Lisa Wells
Roll Call: Mayor Jeffren T. Pei
Motion to approve minutes of previous council meeting: C. Mona Wells; Second C. Morgan Stephens Aye: All in attendance
Council member Mona Wells:
Nothing to report
Council member Tanesha Conder:
ABSENT – discussed the need to inform Wayne County Sheriff’s office to handle traffic during the parade on the 4th. Also, firework safety training for all firefighters is needed.
Council member Morgan Stephens:
The AC units have been ordered for the Affordable Housing.
Council member Eric Wells:
There is a meeting on July 18th with Jones & DeMille and the funding DEQ office. The state wants to go over the application and discuss the project. The meeting will be held remotely, Mayor and Eric will attend. The fire hydrant move by the Shell is not complete yet.
Mayor Jeffren Pei:
· The roads project is not complete yet.
· UDOT will send info on a speed study to help with the request to reduce the speed limit on highway 24 through town.
· NRCS – no news
· The mayor submitted an invoice for 6 bullet proof vests.
· Special functions officers – Potential list: Duke Alvey, Jeff Pei, Eric Wells, Jared Alvey, Jordan Wiehing and Colton Roberts. Wayne county SO will do some active-duty training. There is a week-long critical incident training in Price. Several officers will pay their own way. Mayor is requesting the town pay for Eric Wells to attend this training. Mayor Pei reported on the Uvalde, TX incident and is actively preparing Hanksville for potential active shooting situations with armor and on-going training. He is working with the Wayne County SO but due to distance, WCSO cannot respond in a timely manner. Clerk check on workers compensation coverage for volunteers also check on State agency call sign for Hanksville under Wayne County.
Motion to approve the purchase of 6 Armor body Vests and rifle magazine pouches for safety in active shooter situation C. Morgan Stephens; Second C. Mona Wells Aye: All in attendance.
Treasurer Jessica Alvey: ABSENT
Clerk Lisa Wells:
· Bills presented to council for approval (spreadsheet attached)
· Motion to approve bills for payment C. Mona Wells; Second C. Morgan Stephens Aye: All in attendance.
Planning Commission: None present – They would like the council to officially adopt the Wayne County 2011 Zoning ordinance.
Tabled Business: NONE
New Business and Public Comment:
MOTION TO ADJOURN: C. Mona Wells; Second C. Morgan Stephens Aye: All in attendance Adjourned 7:15pm